Lecture 2-Principles of Energy Balance in Environmental Systems
Lecture 2 of 7 in the principles of energy balance in environmental systems lecture series.
1. Key for homework: units conversion Calories v. calories
2. Calculating the efficiency of photosynthesis
3. Calculating absorbed shortwave radiation – importance of albedo
4. The three components of shortwave radiation
5. Definitions of shortwave and longwave radiation
6. The Stefan-Boltzman Law for longwave radiation
All lectures and handouts can be found at http://www.apogeeinstruments.com/Principles-of-Energy-Balance-in-Environmental-Systems-Lectures/.